Monday, March 5, 2018

It Could Happen to You (1994) - REVIEW -- must see for all ROMCOM lovers


It Could Happen to You (1994) - Nicolas Cage, ,

Bridget Fonda is a breath of fresh air in this ROMCOM. 
Doing this review in the year 2018 looking back its fun to notice the drastic changes in culture such as no cell phones, the use of polaroid cameras, a cop who was everyone’s’ friend, & protesters throwing red paint on ladies wearing furs.  One thing similar – friends come out of no where when you win big money.  The main character Charles was a man of his word like my father -- I liked that.  Sadly, so many think men like that are suckers or losers when the opposite is true.   Charles wife loves the high life and will seemingly do anything to get it.  Charles loves Queens and his job on the force and playing ball with neighborhood kids.  The red dress scene is a favorite of mine.  Her hair in that scene actually caught my attention. I loved when Charles returns to the boat at the end of that scene and his wife didn’t even know he got left behind.  The movie deals with how money affects people – those who never have enough and those who notice those around them and are cheerful givers.  Or in other words they use money and love people vs loving money and using people.  Charles wife actually makes the following comment to him “your niceness and decency make me sick”.  On the other side Yvonne and Charles were both givers by nature.  In a flustered moment Yvonne, the waitress said to Charles “You’ll have to excuse me sometimes, nobody ever loved me before.”  
The ending needs to be seen I won’t spoil it.  I thoroughly enjoyed this film and if you like ROMCOMs you will too. I promise.  





















No comments:

Post a Comment