Sunday, July 8, 2012

Forrest Gump Movie Quotes - Laugh & Cry


Gump! What's your sole purpose in this Army? 
Forrest: To do whatever you tell me, Drill Sergeant! 
Drill Sergeant: ..damnit, Gump! You're a ..damned genius! That's the most outstanding answer I've ever heard. You must have a ..damned I.Q. of a hundred and sixty! You are ..damned gifted, Private Gump! 


Forrest: Done, Drill Sergeant!
Drill Sergeant: Guuuuump! Why did you put that weapon together so quickly, Gump? 
Forrest: You told me to, Drill Seageant. 
Drill Sergeant: .........! This is a new company record. If it wouldn't be a waste of such a damn fine enlisted man, I'd recommended you for O.C.S., Private Gump. You are gonna be a General some day, Gump! Now, disassemble your weapon and continue! 
 
Forrest: I want you to have this [Medal of Honor].
Jenny: Forrest, I can't keep this.
Forrest: I got it just by doing what you told me to do.
Jenny: Why're you so good to me?
Forrest: You're my girl.
Jenny: I'll always be your girl.
Forrest: (voice-over) And just like that, she was gone out of my life again. 

Forrest: Hey, Bubba...
Bubba: Hey, Forrest. Forrest, why'd this happen? 
Forrest: You got shot. 
Forrest: (voice-over) Then Bubba said something I won't even forget. 
Bubba: I wanna go home. 
Forrest: Bubba was my best good friend. And even I know that ain't something you can find just around the corner. Bubba was gonna be a shrimpin' boat captain, but instead he died right there by that river in Vietnam. 
 
They gave you the Congressional Medal of Honor.
Forrest: Now that's Lieutenant Dan. Lieutenant Dan!
Lt. Dan: They gave you the Congressional Medal of Honor!
Forrest: Yes sir, they sure did.
Lt. Dan: They gave you an imbecile, a moron who goes on television and makes a fool out himself in front of the whole damn country, the Congressional Medal of Honor.
Forrest: Yes, sir.
Lt. Dan: Well, then, that's just perfect! Yeah, well I just got one thing to say to that. ..ddamn bless America. 


Lt. Dan: Have you found Jesus yet, Gump?
Forrest: I didn't know I was supposed to be looking for him, sir.
Lt. Dan: That's all these cripples, down at the V.A., that's all they ever talk about. Jesus this and Jesus that. Have I found Jesus? They even had a priest come and talk to me. He said God is listening, but I have to help myself. Now, if I accept Jesus into my heart, I'll get to walk beside him in the Kingdom of Heaven. Did you hear what I said? Walk beside him in the Kingdom of Heaven. Well, kiss my crippled ass. God is listening. What a crock of ..... 

Forrest: (voice-over) I'd never named a boat before, but there was only one I could think of... The most beautiful name in the wide world. 

Lt. Dan: Well, maybe you should just pray for shrimp.
Forrest: (voice-over) So I went to church every Sunday... Sometimes Lieutenant Dan came, too. Though I think he left the praying up to me.
Forrest: No shrimp.
Lt. Dan: Where the hell's this God of yours?
Forrest: (voice-over) It's funny Lieutenant Dan said that, 'cause right then, God showed up. 


Lt. Dan: Forrest, I never thanked you for saving my life.
Forrest: (voice-over) He never actually said so, but I think he made his peace with God. 
Forrest: Will you marry me? I'd make a good husband, Jenny.
Jenny: You would, Forrest.
Forrest: But you won't marry me.
Jenny: You don't want to marry me.
Forrest: Why don't you love me, Jenny? I'm not a smart man, but I know what love is. 


Aging Hippie: Hey, man, hey, listen. I was wondering if you might help me, huh? Listen, I'm in the bumper sticker business and I've been trying to think up a good slogan. And since you have been such a big inspiration to the people around here, I thought you might be able to help me jump into... Whoa! Man, you just ran through a big pile of dogshit!
Forrest: It happens.
Aging Hippie: What, shit?
Forrest: Sometimes. 


Forrest: You're a momma, Jenny.
Jenny: I'm a momma. His name is Forrest.
Forrest: Like me.
Jenny: I named him after his Daddy .
Forrest: He got a daddy named Forrest, too? 

Jenny: Forrest, I'm sick.
Forrest: What do you have, a cough due to cold?
Jenny: I have some kind virus. And the doctors don't, they don't know what it is. And there isn't anything they can do about it.
Forrest: You could come home with me. Jenny, you and little Forrest could come stay at my house in Greenbow. I'll take care of you if you're sick.
Jenny: Would you marry me, Forrest?
Forrest: Okay. 

Forrest: Lieutenant Dan? Lieutenant Dan!
Lt. Dan: Hello, Forrest.
Forrest: You got new legs. New legs!
Lt. Dan: Yeah, I got new legs.
Lt. Dan: Custom-made titanium alloy. It's what they use on the space shuttle.
Forrest: Magic legs. 

Jenny: Hey, Forrest, were you scared in Vietnam?
Forrest: Yes. Well, I, I don't know. Sometimes it would stop raining long enough for the stars to come out. And then it was nice. It was like just before the sun goes to bed down on the bay... There was over a million sparkles on the water. Like that mountain lake. It was so clear, Jenny. It looks like there were two skies, one on top of the other. And then in the desert, when the sun comes up... I couldn't tell where heavens stopped and the earth began. It was so beautiful.
Jenny: I wish I could have been there with you.
Forrest: You were. 

Forrest: (voice-over) You died on a Saturday morning. And I had you placed here under our tree. And I had that house of your father's bulldozed to the ground. Momma always said dyin' was a part of life. I sure wish it wasn't. Little Forrest, he's doing just fine. About to start school again soon. I make his breakfast, lunch, and dinner very day. I make sure he combs his hair and brushes his teeth every day. Teaching him how to play ping-pong. He's really good. We fish a lot. And every night, we read a book. He's so smart, Jenny. You'd be so proud of him. I am. He, uh, wrote a letter, and he says I can't read it. I'm not supposed to, so I'll just leave it here for you. 

Forrest: Jenny, I don't know if Momma was right or if, if it's Lieutenant Dan. I don't know if we each have a destiny, or if we're all just floating around accidental-like on a breeze, but I, I think maybe it's both. Maybe both is happening at the same time. I miss you, Jenny. If there's anything you need, I won't be far away. 

Marks Analysis:  Your mother had it right Forrest.  Even Lt Dan like you said made his peace with God.  There are no accidents; all things work together for good to those who are called according to his purpose -- and all who want to may come ; it's Gods desire that everyone come to repentance and surrender their lives to Him through His son Jesus.  People tend to blame God for the terrible things that occur in this world but its mankind that's done it not God, He sent many prophets over the centuries and then finally His own Son Jesus to save us.  Now the choice is ours; accept His deliverance on His terms or reject it.  What else could God have done?




No comments:

Post a Comment